Sunday, September 17, 2006

New Beginnings

So far my experience here at Taylor University has been amazing! I absolutely love it. It's only been 3 weeks, but it feels like it has been forever. I love my new friends, and am enjoying still meeting new people. And my wing is awesome- I love Dirrrty South! All the girls are so open and friendly. Our wing retreat to Caitlin's house was a blast, and since then I feel like our relationships have strengthened. I love being able to just sit around and talk with them and get to know them. My classes are all fairly easy...at least so far. We'll see how they go. One of my favorite parts about Taylor is chapel. In high school I never took advantage of chapel...I wish I would have. The worship is amazing. It's so heart felt and real. And the speakers are always really good too. Last week was spiritual renewal week, and the speaker was one of the best I've ever heard. Thursday night there was corporate worship out on the lawn. It was one of the coolest things I've done here. It was dark, you couldn't see anyone, and it was outside. For over an hour it was me and God. We sang the whole time, and I don't think I've ever been a part of a more sincere worship service. It was awesome! At one point the guy behind me was so broken that he started weeping. It takes a lot for a guy to cry, especially in public...and this wasn't just a few tears. He was crying out to God. That is true worship. What I love most about Taylor is that God truely is the number one focus. He is at the center of everything. The people here love God, and it is evident. I feel like I already have so many strong relationships, because they are all based on Christ. He really is the common bond that we all share. The other night Lindsay and I were out with about 6 guys that we didn't really know all that well, but we started talking about our beliefs and things like that...and we ended up talking until 3 am about the Bible, what we are learning, and different theological views. I hardly knew these guys, but because of that conversation we're all really good friends now. So many people try to build friendships off of talking about things like relationships, clothes, parties, and other things like that. While these aren't bad to talk about, we have a much stronger bond through Christ. It is amazing, really. I love it! I already have so many great memories here at Taylor. Since we are in the middle of a cornfield, and civilization is 30 minutes away in any direction, you learn to make your own fun. And it has been fun...Handy Andy runs, Ivanhoes, "borrowing" bikes, the playground, the dock, police run-ins, Walmart, Covered Bridge Fest, the prayer chapel, stealing tires...I could go on and on. I love it here, and I know without a doubt that this is where God wants me.

8 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger La Profesora said...

so glad you like it there, emily. is this lindsay prather that is with you?

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Jenni said...

although i miss you...I'm so glad that you FINALLY decided to go to Taylor, instead of purdue, or anywhere else! I know you made the right choice! Glad to hear your havin fun! LOVE U!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

I miss telling you everything too Em!!! Seriously! That has been one of the strangest changes...i find myself wanting to talk...but there's not always someone to listen! But ur just a phone call away! LOVE U!!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Luke said...

You're awesome em! I really miss you!

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger turza said...

thats super cool emily! i may even be a twinge jealous.....:) i miss you a ton too! we need to get together when i come up! glad your life is going awesome!!!!!!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Joy said...

Yay Emily! i'm so happy for you!

haha...i remember last year when you kept going back and forth on your decision of whether or not to go to Taylor.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Nata said...

nice to see you're blogging again! hope you're adjusting!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

Emily.... i need a hug!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home